Thursday, November 10, 2011

Remember, remember ... Gunpowder Plot (2)

“Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot... But what of the man? I know his name was Guy Fawkes and I know, in 1605, he attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament...”
(Evey Hammond, V for Vendetta)



In relation to the Bonfire Night some of friends in England celebrated last Saturday, I would like to share with all of you one of my favourite movies, V for Vendetta (2006), based on the revolutionary Gunpowder Plot. The film, based on one of Alan Moore’s comics, treated the misunderstood Gunpowder Plot from a modern point of view, dealing with topics such as homosexuality, totalitarianism... Enjoy this clip and watch the film!


4 comments:

  1. The comic is much much better. Also, I missed the real paranoia Alan Moore felt. And Ivy, who changes a lot in the movie. What I liked most from it was V. Superb act!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!! i prefer the comic also, but I think the film is visually impressive and reaches the perfect balanced relation between our societies nowadays and Alan Moore's disturbia!

    ReplyDelete